Tenants, like buyers, are concerned about affordability and location. Our friends at REIWA have identified the top 10 suburbs with the cheapest median house rents close to the city. We count them down, below:
10. Dianella - 10km north at $350 per week.
Great shopping centres inc Galleria Shopping Centre and plenty of schooling options for growing families.
9. Redcliffe - 10km east at $350 per week.
Close to Perth Airport, making it perfect for FIFO workers.
8. Cloverdale - 10km east at $350 per week.
Also close to the airport and the new stadium which will no doubt mean exciting things to come for the area as a whole.
7. Bentley - 8km south-east at $350 per week.
Conveniently situated near Curtin University and South Metropolitan TAFE, making it perfect for students.
6. Carlisle - 8km east at $350 per week.
Close to Vic Park’s lively café strip and offering a great community feel with easy train access.
5. St James - 7 km east at $350 per week.
A neighbouring suburb of Carlisle, the area is also close to the Vic Park café prescient and offers families plenty of schooling options, parks and community spaces.
4. Nollamara - 10km north at $340 per week.
The well-established suburb has undergone a transformation in recent years, with numerous new homes and complexes popping up throughout the area as well as new shops and cafe for locals to enjoy.
3. Belmont - 9kms east at $330 per week.
Close to Perth Airport, Belmont Forum, parks, schools and the new stadium, Belmont is a popular suburb for families.
2. Osborne Park - 10kms north at $320 per week.
Osborne Park is a mixed-use residential, industrial and commercial suburb. Close to Main St café and business strip which is currently undergoing a makeover.
1. Kewdale - 8 kilometres at $300 per week.
Close to Belmont forum and offering several schooling options and large homes for young families.
Found this information useful? We're always here to answer any questions you may have about Perth's property market. Get in touch today!