1. The pandemic has thrown some serious curveballs in the in the industry over the last 18 months; many of which have been common talking points among the West Aussie public. As a result, how have you navigated your relationships with clients during this period of considerable tension?
Great question. It has really driven home how everyone is affected in their own way and how important it is to recognize the additional stress this can put on people. To alleviate this as much as we can in our positions is to involve lots of communication, being available to reassure and keep our clients feeling secure as best we can during those times of uncertainty.
2. Of course, following the end of the rental moratorium, we’ve seen rents skyrocket to their highest in years. How do you feel the department has handled this, given there’s obviously such contrasting feelings towards the situation between tenants and landlords?
It has been particularly challenging. Encouraging a proactive and transparent approach with our tenants and owners as much as possible with our communication styles has been our focus. Our goal is to reduce or minimise the impact and pressure on tenants as much as we can and negotiating where needed. Being compassionate during this process is extremely important. Our teams have done an excellent job with this.
3. Property Management in 2021 tends to be fully engaged with new technologies and approaches to help streamline the process, but is there any aspect you feel could do with some improvement?
Yes, a software that integrates both trust accounting and Property manager would allow for a clean flow and improve reporting. This would be living the dream!
4. What are some of the biggest changes in the industry from when you first started?
Manual PCRs to Online PCR’s is a personal favourite. Or Dictaphones for Inspections to online.
5. What about you!? Who are you outside of work? Tell us some of the things you enjoy, believe, people you idolise, places you’ve been, and what you love to do on the weekends!
I believe thoughts become things so I try to watch my mind! I absolutely love travelling, new experiences, and submerging into different Countries and cultures. If I could return tomorrow I would go back to the Greek Island of Santorini with my miniature Schnauzer Pax and drink Pina Colada’s by the sea!